So here is the "other guy's" car. I can't believe he only had a broken finger and some bad bruises where his seat belt was. The cop from the scene called my mom tonight. I guess the guy was going 75-85 mph when he hit. He's lucky he didn't roll.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Cool Story Con't (Pictures)
Read the Cool Story first so you understand the pictures.

So here is the "other guy's" car. I can't believe he only had a broken finger and some bad bruises where his seat belt was. The cop from the scene called my mom tonight. I guess the guy was going 75-85 mph when he hit. He's lucky he didn't roll.
Here's a view of Dan's car from the driver's side door. Notice how the driver's seat is on top of the passenger's seat.
Another view of the driver's side door. We think that in the upper right corner, where the headrest of the driver's seat should be, is the backseat.
And here's a picture from the back end of the car. The back tire is somewhere in the location that the backseat passengers usually put their feet. I think everyone involved was very blessed. Dan told me when he pulled over originally, he didn't think he was far enough off the side of the road, so he decided to coast forward about 10 more feet. And I'm convinced that if the guy hadn't hit the car, he would have flipped, ended upside down, and his injuries would have been bad. And we are lucky my dad and Jay didn't decide to go change the tire when Jay got home after 11pm. They may have still been there when it happened. On a lighter note, when my dad told Jay that it was a good thing they didn't go that night or they might have been killed, Jay responded with, "Maybe that was the plan. Maybe we messed up the plan with our laziness." Count on Jay to have a sense of humor in every circumstance. Thanks for keeping us laughing Jay!
So here is the "other guy's" car. I can't believe he only had a broken finger and some bad bruises where his seat belt was. The cop from the scene called my mom tonight. I guess the guy was going 75-85 mph when he hit. He's lucky he didn't roll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is just amazing! Thank you for sharing.
My mom and Grandma told me this story today. The Lord works in amazing ways! This "other guy" must be destined for something...and the Lord worked through Dan...amazing!
Is that Ashley's old car? That's too bad. I'm glad our Dad's didn't get it that night!
On Facebook, it told me it was your birthday, SO Happy Birthday!, and if it's not your birthday, well Happy Birthday anyway, because eventually you WILL have one.
Happy Birthday! (a day late...sorry) I hope you had a good one! Sorry I didn't call you. I had ward council, then the primary program, then a sacrament meeting talk, then had to teach two sharing times. Then we went to Paul's family's house to celebrate 3 birthdays. Busy day! :-) But I was thinking of you!
All I have to say is WOW.
Post a Comment