Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Binky or Thumb?

So as you might remember, we took Dallin's binky away back in June, but he is still not over his sucking impulse. He has been taking Katie's binkies when we visit over at my mom's house. Just this last week he has started to suck his thumb all the time. My mom and cousin Jessie both think it might be because he see little Carley sucking her thumb. Who knows. So here is my question to you.....do I let him keep sucking his thumb and hope he out grows it or do I let him have his binky back at nights and nap time so that he don't develop a thumb sucking habit? I guess my fear is that he will be like my brother, who sucked his fingers till he was 12 and had to stop in order to get braces to fix his poor teeth. At least he stopped before his mission. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say Binky! You can always take that away when you think he's ready again, You can't take away the Thumb!! Good Luck!

Matt and Jess said...

I don't know what to tell you! either way good luck! I caught up on your eye post. That's good that the doc thinks it's not too bad, hopefully it will correct itself!