Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Third Birthday

 Dallin had a fun filled third birthday. We opened up gifts as soon as he woke up. He played with them all morning long (and they are still in my front room)
Opening Thomas the Train train tracks. He loves it.

I'm not quite sure where my parents for this, but they fly Southwest almost weekly. He thinks it's pretty funny.

I got apple cider and doughnut from Quality Dairy. They have the best apple cider.


Dallin got a bunch of costume from my mom and dad. He has been putting them on and off for the last two days. Today I even let him wear his Superman costume to the park after he begged me. Everyone thinks it's fun to talk to Superman. I've never had so many people at the park say Hi.

And the cake. I wish I did it a bit different, but it turned out OK. Especially since at 11:30 the night before I ruined the cake and had to get up at 6:00 and run to Quality Dairy by our house to pick one up (hence the cider and doughnuts) and paid $3 for a cake mix. It almost killed me. First time trying to make marshmallow fondant too. turned out pretty good, but I think I learned a bit and it should go more smoothly next time. 

 No pictures, but Dallin and I went to the Zoo with some friends. It's free from Nov till the end of March. It was fun. Then it was off to Chuck E Cheese. Dallin loved it. We had a coupon, so for $20 we got a large pizza, drinks, and 50 tokens. The pizza was OK, but Dallin was in heaven playing every game he wanted too.


Happy about his cake. I guess it was a success.

Tasted pretty good. The marshmallow fondant is way better than the store bought stuff. We still peeled most of it off because it was a a lot of sugar.

He got some money from my Grandma Jenkins. He found this Mario doll he wanted. He was so excited to get to spend his birthday money. 


OK, so I know that was a bit broken up, but you get the idea. If I talked about every gift he got it would be a long post. He was spoiled by family for sure. It was such a busy day that Dallin and I mostly stayed home today. I don't think either of us wanted to go anywhere.

He's sure a cute kid. Russ and I are pretty lucky.

3 comments:

April said...

Happy 3rd birthday to Dallin! It looks like he had a GREAT day. The cake looks great Nicole! Marshmallow fondant!!?? Pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday buddy! We miss you and love you!

Heidi-n-Scott said...

He sure is a cute kid. :)

And that Mario doll is AWESOME!! :)