But not until July or August. Russ accepted a job today for a small liberal arts college, Thiel College.
It is located in Greenville, PA. It's on the western boarder of PA, about 90 miles north of Pittsburgh. (We may have to join the ranks of Colby and April ;) )Not south like I wanted, but other than the weather, it was everything Russ was looking for in a job. He is excited about the classes he will get to teaching and he says the people he will be working with are all really nice. He is excited about a small town and said it was a nice place to visit. I am not as excited about a smaller town. I am more a big city girl, but it has a Walmart, so I'll survive. :) The only other thing that made us hesitate about taking the job is that our church will be 45 minutes away in Ohio. That is going to be a bit tough. If you
click here and scroll down a big, you should see a video on the right hand side. It is a good summary about Thiel (plus how to pronounce Thiel. We were pronouncing it wrong at our house for a while.) I hope the weather cooperates and we can go visit Greenville soon. It's only a 5 hour drive from here. I am sure I will have more to share later about the area once we get there.
5 comments:
I am jealous! I'm an East Coast girl...grew up in MD. Anyway enjoy some Utz potato chips and tastycakes for me:) Oh and Congrats to Russ on the job!
PS...just think of all the stuff you are so close to!
Wow, that's great for you guys!! I'm happy for Russ that he found a job that he'll enjoy. When we lived in Cheyenne it was a good 30 min to church. It turned out ok, my mom just had to plan ahead a little more:)
Congratulations!! I think you will love it. :) And hey a bit closer to me right.
I bet it will be fantastic, and yes, give into that urge to become stalwart Pittsburgh fans...you won't be disappointed :) Good luck with figuring everything out with the move.
Post a Comment