So, I am sure most of you have seen on FB by now, but we have made an offer on a home in Greenville. We really had a hard time deciding between three different homes, but in the end decided that it was best for us to buy a home that was not too large for us and that was well within our price range. They were asking $90,000, but agreed to $85,000. It is is ranch built in 1950. I think what tipped the scales was that both the roof and furnace has been replaced last year. Also the water heater, siding, and half of the windows have been replaced withing the last few year. They windows that they didn't replace had storm windows installed. That being said, I would definitely call it a fixer upper over all.
Since we didn't take pictures, here are the pictures from the realtor website. Here is the front yard. The landscape has been well taken care of, and it has an attached two car garage. That is huge for a place where most of the houses were built before people had cars. Most of the homes we looked at had either detached garages or small single car garages.
Now for the bathroom. Yup, it has carpet. Also, the tub has been changed into only a shower because the people who lived there before where elderly and they needed to be able to get in and out of the shower. That will be changed out as soon as we can.
Dallin's room to be. The bedrooms are small, but suit our needs just fine.
Front room. They didn't replace the large window, but they did add a storm window outside it, so that should help with the insulation.
And now for the bight blue kitchen. Yup, it is a matching blue kitchen. The cupboards match the fan that match the trim that even match the oven hood. And let's not forget the blue kitchen carpet. Yes, this house is literally wall to wall carpet.
The window are new and the counter top and sink. However, you will notice that there is no dishwasher. Last winter I asked everyone whether they would choose a dishwasher or a garage if they had to. Most said a dishwasher. I said garage. Funny how I did end up having to make that choice.
Mather Bedroom
This use to be a third bedroom, but they added another door to make it into a dining room. It is going to be Russ's office.
Also, there is a full unfinished basement. maybe we can finish it someday, preferable be able to add a second bathroom.
In my mind I have big plans for this house. Of course my bank account isn't full enough to do it all now. Our first task is the tub and bathroom floor. After that, assuming the home inspection shows everything is great, I am not sure what I want to save for first. I keep leaning towards getting the backyard fenced in, but I am not sure. What would you do very first?







5 comments:
yay!! Thanks for posting pictures. I love it! I am so excited for you guys. I LOVE the kitchen... I think you should leave it that way... it's got character :)
It looks great! I'm sure you'll have fun making it your own. With three people in your family, I would say a garage is better than a dishwasher. You wont have too many dishes. I'm happy for you guys!
I would have to say the kitchen is what I would do first. Paint and new handles for the cabinets shouldn't be too bad,right?? Also is it common to have fans in the kitchen? I have never seen one. You could really do some Awesome before and After posts. Can't wait to see what you do to make it your own.
Yay for you guys!! That's a fun house. I totally agree about the dishwasher vs. garage. I would take a nice, big garage like you. We have carpet in our bathroom and kitchen too! I don't mind it in the kitchen since I can just vacuum up all the crumbs, but the bathroom...ugh! especially with bathing kids and potty training a boy! For me personally, I'd rather a fenced backyard first so I could let my kids play without me out there and not worry. Especially since your kitchen looks functional, just blue! Good luck with choosing, and take some before and after pictures!
Congratulations Homeowners! I can't wait to see what you guys do with the place.
Post a Comment