Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Dallin and I didn't let a little rain stop us from playing outside. OK, so mostly it was Dallin's idea, but I went along. I basically played lookout so I could tell him when to get out of the road when a car was coming. He had the most fun in the gutter. He would try and move all the leaves so that it wouldn't dam up the water. He was soaked. He only agreed to come inside because Lansing's warning sirens went off. We are suppose to have 60 mph winds today and tomorrow, so the sirens are to let everything know to get inside. I, however, was not aware we had any warning sirens. I was confused and when they were still sounding after a minute or two I decided we should go in. After looking online, I guess they sound it for winds over 60 mph and for tornadoes. No tornadoes, but we have a weather warning for high winds. I just have to say that is was weird to me. I don't think I have ever lived anywhere with a city warning siren. It makes for a strange experience. It's like on Twister, but no flying cows :)




On another note, Dallin thinks Michigan is so different from Utah. He always says things like "Michigan has a lot more animals" or "Michigan has a lot more puddles." I would agree that Michigan is different, but we might disagree on why :)

1 comment:

April said...

That's so weird that there are sirens, or even a chance of tornadoes. Oh and I love that Dallin compares Michigan to Utah in such funny ways. What a cute kid!