Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Part I and Recycling

Most of you know we went to North Carolina for Thanksgiving to visit my cousin and her family. It's about an 11 hour drive. The drive there wasn't too bad other than Dallin asking "are we almost there?" a million times. And the West Virgina Turnpike. I knew we were going through toll roads, I just didn't know it would be so many. We left early Wednesday morning and got there by 5.

 It was rainy most of the time we were there, but that didn't stop us from going to the park.  Aly thought it was so cold, but I think the North Carolina weather is making her soft. It was a little chilly when the wind blew, but not like what we had left in Michigan.
Adam and Dallin got along most of the time. The longer we were there, the better they got along.

 Aly and I made these shirts for Thanksgiving. I have been wanting to since I saw them last year. The boys loved them.
As you can tell, they Dallin wouldn't cooperate with the while picture taking thing. Nothing new. We had dinner at the Shulz' neighbors house. It was so nice of them to invite us. Dinner was awesome and Dallin loved their boys.
 On Friday we went to Bounce U, a place will tons of blowup equipment (I'm not sure what you would call it.) Dallin really liked it. Adam was a lot braver than Dallin. Dallin went down the slide once alone and did OK and then Wanted me to go with him. After that he cried and refused to go on anything alone. I spent the rest of the time climbing after him. Harder than it sounds.


 Dallin wanted to boxing gloves so bad. Too bad they weighed like 15 lbs a piece. I could barely use them.
 
 Dallin and Adam playing play dough.  Aly has some pictures from Lazy 5 Ranch. I'll post them when I get them. It was the most fun. It was a neat place and Dallin loved it.



So now on the the "Recycle" part. For awhile I have been saving old jeans.I always wanted to use them to make things, but have never had time. I even made Russ pack them up and bring them to Michigan. I finally pulled them out and used them.
I made some hand warmer/ bean bags, a rice heat/cold pack, and some number mats. They where all really easy to make and Dallin loves playing with the bean bags (which were original only hand warmers) and number mats. I have learned I need to really practice my applique technique before I even attempt anything on clothing. The bad part is I only use like 1 1/2 pairs of jeans. I have like 12 more to use. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Levi Blanket! We have one and it's soo warm I love it!!